A look ahead at the evolving mobility landscape
While local and national governments are strategising how to revive their economies and developing plans to reopen borders, companies are wondering how the events of 2020 so far will impact workforce and workplace mobility. Every day, I am speaking with Mobility leaders around the world and nearly all of them have one thing on their mind:
What does the future of mobility look like?
I’m still confident in that future. We still live in a globally connected economy and international businesses have come to rely on mobility to meet company goals and to attract and retain top talent. So, as the world slowly begins to recover, the mobility industry will, too. And I want you to rest assured Graebel is here to be your partner in adapting your mobility strategy to reflect the new normal, to support your talent management strategy and to achieve your business goals.
Building on Momentum
I’m even more confident in Graebel’s future. We’re a sound, healthy business and we have the best team in the global mobility industry to support your needs. We were fortunate to set ourselves up for success with a strong 2019 and a good start in early 2020. A few of our Q1 accomplishments include:
- Posting a solid increase in year over year revenue. This was one of our strongest Q1 performances in recent years, indicative of the fundamental strength of our business.
- Expanding our footprint in EMEA and APAC. We recently opened offices in Munich, Geneva and Bengaluru. Despite COVID-19, the India team’s on-the-fly adjustment ensured a smooth opening of the Bengaluru office and demonstrates our ability to be agile, nimble and flexible — all traits we’ll rely on to guide you through this pandemic.
- Outperforming our forecast of new business secured by 40 percent. We welcomed some worldwide-recognised brands to the Graebel family, including an online marketplace leader for homestays and travel, a global video-sharing social networking platform, and a technology company that designs and manufactures innovative household appliances. These are names you know, and we’re delighted they’ve entrusted us with supporting their mobility programmes.
A Look Ahead
The mobility industry already looks quite a bit different in a new COVID-19 landscape, and it will continue to evolve. We’re going to continue leveraging Graebel’s strengths as we navigate that new landscape – all while continuing to provide bespoke guidance on your business plans and mobility needs. These strengths include:
- Our experience. With 70 years of practice weathering challenges in the mobility industry, we know how to manage our business responsibly and maintain stability. We’ve taken steps to ensure our business is healthy to serve you, now and in the future.
- Our Partner Alliance. Our best-in-the-business partners are optimising their technology and contactless services to ensure the safety of your employees, while maintaining empathy and sincerity to deliver exceptional customer service when your transferees need it most.
- Our agility, which is critical to meet the shifting needs of clients and transferees alike. Whether creating new services to coordinate urgent services for assignees around the world, or transforming existing services to help employers create safe work environments as employees return to the office – we will continue to adapt to this new reality.
- Our team and culture, which continue to receive industry awards and accolades. Our employees remain committed to our duty of care and will go above and beyond to provide exceptional experiences for you and your employees.
We’re proud to serve some of the world’s most influential companies critical to the response and recovery of this pandemic. We’re grateful for the healthcare providers for treating the sick. The biological and pharmaceutical companies for developing tests and treatments. The food and materials manufacturers for producing and mobilising the supplies we need most. And even those that have deviated from their core competencies to join in the fight and support our global community.
Thank you. We’re in this together.
None of us knows what the next few months will bring as borders and markets reopen. However, we do know that the demand for great talent will continue with mobility as a critical element. We’ll need to be nimble and flexible with you and for you. We’re relying on Graebel’s values of truth, love and integrity as a compass to help us — and you — stay on course. I have a deep appreciation for your partnership and look forward to navigating the world ahead together.