Fortune 50 multinational technology company
- Employs 400,000 people in 170 countries
Security and tension were at unprecedented levels following the tragic events in Paris on 13 November 2015. A Fortune 50 corporate executive and his family were scheduled for a confidential relocation from Paris to New York City the following week. Suddenly this move became much more complex, and the need for privacy and discretion became even greater.
Securely and efficiently relocate a high-profile corporate executive from Paris to New York one week after the 2015 terrorist attacks in Paris.
Graebel assigned a veteran onsite manager from Graebel’s Prague office to personally oversee the move. Over the next several days, he was in contact with the executive and company representatives to learn about the VIP’s unique requirements and situation. Graebel also selected one of its vetted service partners, the French international moving company Grospiron International, for household goods removal.
The onsite manager travelled to Paris to coordinate all the details, including:
- Confirming the client’s expectations
- Identifying the client’s special needs
- Coordinating with the operations and packing crews
- Accompanying the crews to the residence and serve as an onsite liaison
- Overseeing the household goods inventory process
- Confirming shipping and delivery details with the executive
The Graebel team worked with the designated airline and customs offices to expedite shipments to the US.
Graebel assigned a destination onsite manager in New York who planned all the steps and details related to receiving the goods, and also:
- Accompanied crews to the new residence
- Verified service requests
- Performed the inventory confirmation
- Supervised the unpacking and placement of the household goods
- Personally met the family upon their arrival
From one continent to the next, the client was kept informed of every step.
The combined 50-plus years of experience of the two Graebel onsite managers was critical to the success of this project. The move went smoothly from beginning to end, even during this period of heightened local and international security. The managers’ presence in both locations provided extra comfort and peace of mind for the executive and the family.